2 Years and No Fix... Avoid Hotwire Communications at all cost
So, I started taking a log of the internet speeds with hotwire communications service in April of 2014. The average speed reading was 1.2 Mbs down. I pay like $40 am month for 10Mbps but the speeds rarely pass 2Mbps. I decided to start contacting Hotwire Communicatios about this, asking them when and will they fix this issue.
I got a multitude of responses for these questions. Such as, "we are currently working on upgrading some equipment on your property" (mind you, this was an early response in early 2014).
Another response was, (and this one was quite frequent) "Your router may be the cause of the issue, please plug the modem straight to your computer and try again because from our end it shows that you should be getting the 10Mbps you're paying for.
The last time I called a few minute ago, the technical rep told me the property I live in rarely ever have any issues with the internet service. (A blatant lie!!!) Because that contradicts with everything that happens on this property with their service and a few stories from other reps I spoke with.
I had two words for that guy and they weren't Happy Birthday.
I was told by other reps on many different occasions that the equipment hotwire communications has on our property is far outdated and needs to be upgraded. After I heard about this a few times, I started questioning that, if the equipment needs to be upgraded, why don't they just do it? That's when I found out another thing about Hotwire Communications.
Hotwire Communications refuse to upgrade the equipment on this property unless they get the property management to split the cost.
Now, I'm not a business person, so I don't know if that's good business or just some grimy #u@%ed-up spit.
I probably should've mentioned before that the management office where I lived signed a contract a few years back preventing any other service provider from providing service to it's tenants. So for that reason alone, Hotwire Communications can pretty much do as they please (or in this case, don't do anything).
Another thing that regularly happens when I call in to get a credit on my account for a lack of services is they never process it the first time. So essentially what happens is, I would call December to get a credit on my bill for January the first 2 reps will acknowledge my request but never process it, so when my January bill arrives, no credit is applied, but they process it for February. I would keep calling in January to get my credit for that time they missed and again they acknowledge my request but do not process it. (Let me remind you, I call monthly, because the service is constantly not working, it's not like the service works good for one month and then stop for a few days). So once again, Credit in February, no credit in March and credit in April.
You may be thinking why didn't you just move, I was in college at the time and needed a place that wouldn't break my pocket. I am leaving though, I can't really put up with this anymore.
Anyway, take a look at the results and tell me if you feel right paying $40 bucks a month for that. (My speedtest account was created in October, everything before then got erased).
...and companies like this are allowed to do business.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Monopoly they have
- How much i pay
You May Also Like
- "I have never complained about the 4G service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait, until about the second half of 2015. Before the mass roll-out of Ooredoo's more..."
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "Crackers were all broken in all 4 packs..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "I place an order for a surplice. I spoke with Juan Navarrete, I send him an email about the surplice I wanted to order. He send me a vestment form..."
- "We fired Caplaw, P.A. because they solicited us for a Home Modification in our home state, where they are not licensed. They also promised us a 90% chance we'd..."
- "I bought a King Mattress 8 years ago, with a 10 years warranty. I submit my claim on February, after 4 months they came to check my mattress and my..."