2 Years and No Fix... Avoid Hotwire Communications at all cost
So, I started taking a log of the internet speeds with hotwire communications service in April of 2014. The average speed reading was 1.2 Mbs down. I pay like $40 am month for 10Mbps but the speeds rarely pass 2Mbps. I decided to start contacting Hotwire Communicatios about this, asking them when and will they fix this issue.
I got a multitude of responses for these questions. Such as, "we are currently working on upgrading some equipment on your property" (mind you, this was an early response in early 2014).
Another response was, (and this one was quite frequent) "Your router may be the cause of the issue, please plug the modem straight to your computer and try again because from our end it shows that you should be getting the 10Mbps you're paying for.
The last time I called a few minute ago, the technical rep told me the property I live in rarely ever have any issues with the internet service. (A blatant lie!!!) Because that contradicts with everything that happens on this property with their service and a few stories from other reps I spoke with.
I had two words for that guy and they weren't Happy Birthday.
I was told by other reps on many different occasions that the equipment hotwire communications has on our property is far outdated and needs to be upgraded. After I heard about this a few times, I started questioning that, if the equipment needs to be upgraded, why don't they just do it? That's when I found out another thing about Hotwire Communications.
Hotwire Communications refuse to upgrade the equipment on this property unless they get the property management to split the cost.
Now, I'm not a business person, so I don't know if that's good business or just some grimy #u@%ed-up spit.
I probably should've mentioned before that the management office where I lived signed a contract a few years back preventing any other service provider from providing service to it's tenants. So for that reason alone, Hotwire Communications can pretty much do as they please (or in this case, don't do anything).
Another thing that regularly happens when I call in to get a credit on my account for a lack of services is they never process it the first time. So essentially what happens is, I would call December to get a credit on my bill for January the first 2 reps will acknowledge my request but never process it, so when my January bill arrives, no credit is applied, but they process it for February. I would keep calling in January to get my credit for that time they missed and again they acknowledge my request but do not process it. (Let me remind you, I call monthly, because the service is constantly not working, it's not like the service works good for one month and then stop for a few days). So once again, Credit in February, no credit in March and credit in April.
You may be thinking why didn't you just move, I was in college at the time and needed a place that wouldn't break my pocket. I am leaving though, I can't really put up with this anymore.
Anyway, take a look at the results and tell me if you feel right paying $40 bucks a month for that. (My speedtest account was created in October, everything before then got erased).
...and companies like this are allowed to do business.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Monopoly they have
- How much i pay
You May Also Like
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "This supposed to increased my Credit score, not the opposite. They reported me to the creditors, to 90 days been late, no only been late not once, but three times,..."
- "I will just say anonymously that Publix in Florida will give out tons of food to the Harry Chapin Food Bank for "poor" people (read that as people ALREADY getting..."
- "I place an order for a surplice. I spoke with Juan Navarrete, I send him an email about the surplice I wanted to order. He send me a vestment form..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."